Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Friday, May 30, 2008

FOOD! Glorious Food?


Pictured above are just a few of the treats available in China.

First experience was the street food at the Night Market in Beijing where you could find nearly everything on a stick! Dog, snake, silkworm, millipede and centipede, scorpion, squid, octopus, aged tofu, testicles from an assortment of animals. Of course you can find chicken and pork too.

I have also never eaten so much food served on the bone. Even the stir fry/sweet and sours they just chop the chicken up boine and all! And lots of heads. I aint a fan of meeting what I am eating, but they often serve up the dishes with the dearly departed and soon to be eaten staring up at you. And dumplings! Delicious little pouches of tasty morsels that are formed in the shape of their fillings!

The live fish stores have everything from diving water beetles to soft shell snapping turtles. Aligator, shark, crab, sea cucumber, urchin, and anything with fins. It is amazing!

Bon Apetit!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger KaraMia said...

Ah, something about sharing food on a Lazy Susan made the meals even more fun. Glad to see the W made your cool collage -- and the night market pics. I just had a cup of leche/rose tip tea -- my guests laughed at the PeePee Boy performance! I started posting pics on my blog today (link via karamia.com :-) My folks think you look like Guy Fieri from "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives," which is one of their favorite shows -- maybe that's who the girls at the Forbidden City thought you were ;-)

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

1ummm, yeah. it's hard to write while gagging.
but those dumplings do look yummy!
did you try EVERYTHING in that collage?

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger JESS3 said...

I miss that lazy susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home