Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Nimbus


2002, polystyrene balls and plastic

When I came across this, it reminded me of the work of Paul Cocksedge. I posted about him on September 11, 2005.

Maybe it was the same way the light looks. Or maybe the materials. But Dominic Wilcox' pendant light is awesome. In his words, here is how it came about:
"'I had a bag of polystyrene balls under my desk for a year. I liked to look and feel of them, they seemed to have potential but I wasn't sure what direction that potential could lead. One day I put a light bulb in the bag, it looked interesting. While experimenting with polystyrene balls and mixing them with different glues and resins I created some ball objects. I noticed that light passed through the balls in a similar way to light passing through a cloud. One of my experiments lead to a ceiling light called Nimbus."

Then upon seeing more of his work at his website, I discover he is also the guy that created the War Bowl, No. 7 of Murray Moss' favorite things, which I also posted about on December 6, 2005.

All the little connections!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger scarydinosaur said...

wow, that is very cool lighting.

also, i just sent you an email about denver.

cheers.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger scarydinosaur said...

oh and i've seen some of Domonic Wilcox's work before...but only the war bowl. but i never new who did it. thanx zeid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home