Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The letter R


Today was my first day of ASL (American Sign Language) II class. I quickly realized I did not practice enough over the summer as I felt like I knew nothing during the hour and twenty minutes of class!

During class we received name signs. Essentially it is a sign that represents your name, a shortcut to lengthy finger spellings. The teacher asked us what we liked. All that came to mind was the sign for soda and then when asked what else I came up with Thai food! I only wish I was kidding! The teacher thought that was unique enough, the thai food aspect. My name sign is the finger spelling of the letter "R" making the sign for Thai which is the index finger touching the nose and then pointing down.

Of course driving home from class I realized a better name sign would be the letter "R" making the sign for graphic or design. And fortunately when I go to class on Monday, I can ask to change my name sign, and I know how to sign " I do not like my name sign. Please change it to. . .the letter "R" signing graphic."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

This was just too funny. R Thai, LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home