Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Fetish


Zuni fetishes are carvings made of stone and shell that are used by members of the Zuni tribe to bring good fortune, rain, and protection from witchcraft and their enemies, among other benefits. Other native American tribes, including eskimos carve fetishes too.

Tied to the back of many fetishes are medicine, or offering bundles of gemstones - to help prayers be heard.

The animals seen above represent (clockwise from upper left):
Buffalo - Abundance, Sacred prophet
Fox - To become one with your surroundings.  To move unnoticed.
Bear - Strength, power from within, spiritual guide
Mountain Lion - Leadership
Turtle - Oldest symbol of mother earth - symbol of longevity and confidence

Lately though, I have been seeing fetishes all around me. Here are two. I like to call them Consumi fetishes.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home