Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Across The Universe


Another piece of brilliance from the mind of Julie Taymor!

Now, I am not, NOT a fan of the Beatles. I just aint. But the arrangements of the music in Across The Universe made me download the album! The story weaves the music into narrative dialogue, while showing us stories here and there; London and Ohio, New York and Viet Nam, Detroit and Ohio. All the while the lyrics act as the dialogue and give new meaning to the words that are brought to life.

As with most of Taymor's projects, this one too is a visual and inventive delight. There are a couple scenes which appear to be gratuitous or too long and more of a showcase for what Taymor can do. And what is Bono doing there? But I can look past the extra eye candy.

Across The Universe opens wide this Friday.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger scarydinosaur said...

looking forward to it.
cheers.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

I saw the preview for this a while back and can't wait to see it. So glad the soundtrack is out! good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home