Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Born Digital

I just saw a video from Google Zeitgeist where Josh Spear spoke of being "born digital." I love the concept, which is actually more of a reality than a concept these days. I read about this a while ago in Wired, but thought it an interesting idea only at the time.

To speak to the current generation making things happen and changing things, we need to speak to them on their terms, in their world, in their language. Where I and my contemporaries had to learn the technology, the current group was born with it. MP3s, cellphones, computers are all their native language. It is where they live. We need to visit and become accustomed to these new ways to be able to reach with our messages.

Here is the video.

1 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger nancyillustration.com said...

Bidding to talk to someone? That's the spookiest thing the "born digital" generation has done since bringing back leggings and slouchy boots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home