Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Look at things differently: Part Deux


Yann Legendre, is a really interesting person and a really wonderful designer. Originally from France, currently working at Tanagram in Chicago. Last night he spoke at an AIGA event called Fresh Talent, and he is.

The above poster is one he created and one where he found his inspiration at the market.

As Yann tells it…"One Sunday at the market I bought a half pound of potatoes. At the bottom of the paper sack was a little succulent one whose destiny was to end up on a poster, not on a plate!"

That destiny came to fruition when the opportunity to design a poster for Les Bonnes (The Housemaids) came to Yann.

2 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Yann's work well and this is my very favorite poster. It is visually powerful, funny, engaging and relevant all at the same time. It also appears in the most recent edition of Graphis Posters (2007). He is a brilliant designer. We're lucky to have him in Chicago.

Did you also know he designed the identity for Chicago's "Art of Play" programs this summer? Check it out.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

I do know that! He has craeted so many great visuals it was hard to just find one. This is after all my blog and not his! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home