Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Paper and a blade


Alexis McQuilkin lives in Chicago with her partner in crime, a perpetually cluttered studio, two cats, and a collection of overpriced toys that fight for shelfspace with her collection of underappreciated books on critical analysis of politics and modern culture. she is employed as an illustrator/muralist/signmaker for Trader Joe's.

She has a BFA in illustration from Columbia College Chicago, is a card carrying member of the Graphic Artists Guild, and was recently awarded honors by the Pfeffer-Odim political cartoon competition.

Alexis was one of my students this past semester. She does these amazing papercuts, the teapot is one of my faves! She is having an opening at Las Manos Gallery tonight. She is not listed on the official invite as the gallery owner invited her into the show immediately upon seeing her work!

1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

I love the teapot!
I like her urban noises series and the two she did of the little boy too.

Have fun tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home