Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Graduation - Columbia College Chicago style!


Here are some rising stars of the Class of 06 from Columbia College Chicago. Many of whom I have been honored to have in my classroom. From the left: Myles "V-Neck" Bosack, Eric Burman, Chris Gallevo, Kari Belsaas (sorry for the bad picture, but you do look quite animated!), Tom Oddi, and Garrett Hansell.

One of the great things about Columbia College Chicago is the amazing roster of honorary degrees we give. When I graduated, 1987 we had sportscasting great Jack Brickhouse, Lawrence Grossman, President of NBC News, and James Hightower, Texas Agriculture Commissioner. We have also honored Victor Skrebneski, Irv Kupcinet, Russel Simmons, Tony Kushner (whose speech made it to the internet), Alan Arkin, Mikhail Baryshnikov, Sara Paretsky, Ben Vereen, Rosa Parks, and the list goes on and on like a whose who of whats what! This year, music legend Buddy Guy was honored and as a speech he gave an acoustic performance of Hootchie Cootchie Man. How's that for entertainment.

Graduation is always a happy sad time for me. Glad to see the new crew beginning their careers. Sad to see them go. Fall semester is always odd with many of the old familiar faces gone. But new ones will soon fill the gaps.

Congratulations Class of '06!

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When someone writes an article he/she retains the image of a user in his/her mind that how a user can understand it.
Therefore that's why this paragraph is perfect. Thanks!

my blog ... sky cardsharing news

 

Post a Comment

<< Home