Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Bob Marleystein?


I have heard of Matisyahu, and thought he was nothing more than another novelty act, much like Weird Al! And then I heard a song on the radio without knowing who it was and liked the vibe. His new album is Youth, his debut is Live at Stubbs.

Then on Sunday Morning this morning, they did a profile of Matisyahu. He is a Hasidic Jew Reggae star. Really! Album debuts at No. 1 on the Reggae chart, No. 4 on the overall chart! He aint no novelty act, well long term he may be, but for now he is really cool.

The reporter on Sunday Morning summed his music up as "Spiritual Lyrics, Reggae rhythms and Hip Hop Undertones." Sums it up well for me!

5 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger mace said...

Matisyahu is cool. The live album is groovin', but the studio is technically adept.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Sara said...

they were playing the album in walmart today.

i dont know which was weirder; shopping at walmart or watching a video of a jew singing reggea...

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

WAL-MART!? What are you doing? THAT is the weirder part of your tale!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

he does the reggae/hip hop combo well. I was curious how he got into that style - his journey was interesting.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

I added a link to the Sunday Morning story on the post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home