Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Dumplings


Every culture has their own version of this delectible delicacy! Jews have kreplach, Poles have pierogi, Italians, ravioli and Chinese have potstickers and have pretty much brought an artform to all the dumplings they have created. Well, I just may have a new favorite restaurant in New York, Dumpling Man.

I have not been there yet, but saw it this past weekend on the Food Network and am looking forward to dropping in on Lucas and his tasty treats in a couple weeks.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger rzdesign said...

or one could get so drunk with dumplings they may say Potling dumpluck!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger TRANQUILLITY BASE said...

YUMMY!!! Being from Oklahoma...I have had the wide (made from scratch) dumpling noodle that has a "tough" consistancy..(doesn't just fall apart) (you have to actually chew it) Those are sooooo good. My grandmother and mother made them. Fantastic!! Always in a thick chicken brothy soupy broth.

And then, of course, the fluffy bisquit type too.

Both are yummy...but the wide tough noodle dumpling is one of my favorites!!

Thanks for sharing....PEACE Lj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home