Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Viftig Gulden


One of the casualties of the euro is that many countries no longer have their own beautiful currencies. Hey, that sounds like a topic for a thesis! Anyhow, one of my favourites, notice the European spelling, since my first visit across the pond were the notes from the Netherlands. And of those notes, by far one of the most famous is the 50 guilder note fondly called "The Sunflower."

4 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

I can see why it's a favorite!

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there some way you could convert your thesis into, dare I say, a coffee table book? Okay, the title "coffee table book" gives me chills galore, but the thesis is ridiculously timely. If you love those gorgeous currencies so much, preserve them with your immense talent.

~mace

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, you must remember, I was afraid to use the term coffee table book for the reason that made you shun it!

Incidentally, why don't we see your comment replies on this comment page? I get them in my email, but dont' see it here.

~mace

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

Coffee table book? Mmmmm? GREAT IDEA! THANKS!
I'll get right to that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home