Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon


The players:
Marcia - friend and former neighbor
Kim - friend of Marcia's in Denmark, WI worked for a paper company
Brett - former co-worker from Chicago
Jim - friend and associate of Kim
Me
and of course. . .Kevin Bacon

Here we go!

So Marcia used to be my neighbor when I lived in Chicago. We also taught together at Columbia. She moved a few years back, 5 or 6, to Denmark, WI. I went to visit Marcia in Denmark and a friend of hers, Kim, comes over for dinner. We all have a fine time, and I figure I will next see Kim when I go back up to Denmark.

Vancouver, B.C. - AIGA National Conference, 2003
Coming back to the Metropolitan Hotel, I see a familiar face on the steps out front. Kim? Richard? Who knew we would next run into each other in Vancouver. That evening we all get together and she brings a few friends. One of them being, Jim from Arketype in Green Bay. So we all meet have a great time at the Conference and once again part ways.

Boston - AIGA National Conference, 2005
Kim is no where to be found, but Jim is there so we connect again and say hi, exchange new business cards and really do not see each other much during the conference. Upon returning home we exchange some emails, one which asks if I know of anyone looking for work or an internship. Enter Brett.

I email Brett about the opportunity as I do not know many students from Chicago willing to relocate to Green Bay, and Brett just moved up there earlier this year and I know he is looking for work.

So Brett emails me back saying he did a couple freelance jobs for Jim a few months back and they have been in touch off and on but Brett is overqualified for what Jim is looking for etc. Brett emails Jim saying he knows me. I email Jim saying you already know Brett. Jim emails me and says he really likes Brett's art, Brett is a painter as well as a designer.

I own the cd Forosoco by the Bacon Brothers, one of the brothers being…Kevin Bacon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home